Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I Am Lame

Yes, yes, I'm lame. I've been checked out. Unblogged. Gone for the summer. Can't promise postings won't be intermitant as I've got some more traveling to do, but a few road reports so far:

New York -- St. Bartholomew's on Park now has their lovely summer cafe open for business. Best. Sangria. Ever. $30 a pitcher, but hey, it's New York. I was there on the most beautiful day of summer -- thanks for the recomendation to the Conceirge at the Barclay Intercontinental. (Thank you, Priceline!)

Also, in NY, I had a nice visit to Morrell's in their still-new-to-me location on 49th across from Rockefeller Center. We had a lovely Mumm tasting and I got to a private rummage through the chilled French champagne drawers in the back stock room. Mmmm. Always good to get a tasty treat for oneself while buying a tasting treat for a party. Plus, champagne is never a bad idea.

More to come -- including my a delicious summer encounter with Chef Steven Oakley's shrimp corndogs at Zoobilation and details on my upcoming summer road trip to Cape Cod and a chicken-fried steak report from Oklahoma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Norma's at the Le Parker Meridian in NYC for breakfast? It is wonderful.

Scott
http://scotthutcheson.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, I haven't and I love that hotel (although the huge futons always make a big nervous.) I will try it next time. At the Le Meridian I like that French restaurant next door connected to the lobby. Great bar, always French champagne open and very traditional bistro food.