Monday, January 23, 2006

My Three Latest and Best

Ahi Tuna at Keystone Grill: I think I've tried the seared ahi tuna at every good restaurant in town. Some dishes were better than others, but now, I think I can say I've had the best. Or at least the best so far. Perfectly cooked, perfectly sauced with options for anyone who prefers sweet or spicy. And a great room.

Homemade Lunch at Three Sisters: Never having been to this popular Broad Ripple tea shop, I was skeptical. I don't, as a rule, like sprouts. But this place? They cook like I cook -- everything was identifiable, fresh, and well done. Real roast turkey and toasted multi-grain bread made for one of the best club sandwiches I've had in a while. And where do they find those tomatoes in winter?!

Saturday Night Dinner at Ambrosia: I love this venerable Broad Ripple Italian restaurant for its consistency. I've never had a bad meal at Ambrosia -- since 1998! And their bar, the Blu Point, is the perfect winter eatery for a casual dinner with friends. Eight of us took over a big table and wandered bottle by bottle through their robust Italian wine list. The best dish? The salmon swimming in a lemon cream sauce with sweet red and yellow peppers. Perfect for sopping up with bread. One bowl to go, please!

No comments: