Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Tidbits. Again.

I know, I know, it's all I ever seem to make anymore. It's like when my parents just gave up and started eating out for every meal. Here are two to hold you over.

My Favorite Coffee Rant Ever. Laura Lemay at Limon graces us with a great story on why she actually likes Starbucks and Peets. In order to appreciate this more fully, you have to understand that in northern California, and most specifically, San Francisco, people take their coffee seriously. Very seriously. When she says that there are a dozen coffee shops where you can get organic free-trade shade-grown latte with yak milk and valrhona cocoa, she's not kidding. Hence her surprise when they weren't able to serve non-fat milk. The regular kind.

Indiana and Fried Bread. OK, I'll just ask. What's with the fried bread and applesauce thing in Indiana? I asked today at lunch (fried chicken at the track, natch) and someone said "It's southern." Mmmm. I don't think so. It's an Indiana thing. Not necessarily a *bad* thing. Just an Indiana thing.

No comments: