Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Three Latest and Best

It's fundraiser season and I haven't been eating out -- I've just been eating! Party food is everywhere -- and in honor of all those stand up meals where the real adventure is balancing your wine glass while you eat, here's a special "Three Latest and Best: The Cocktail Party/Fundraiser Dinner Edition":

Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake at the Marriott: I know, I know, it's cheating when I say the best part of a rubber-chicken lunch was the dessert, but it was! Rich, just the right amount of chocolatey flavor, and great crust. I cleaned my plate.

Crab Cakes from Ruth's Keystone Cafe: I've sampled from the crab cake station at several cockail fundraisers and by far the best was from Ruth's Keystone Cafe. Great recipe and most appealing sauce and sauteed fresh right in front of you. Nice work from Jim and Julianna.

Chicken Cesar at the Columbia Club: You've got to love it when someone has the courage to make the decision that lunch will be a giant salad instead of the same old chicken and pasta. It takes even more courage when that room is mostly full of men. But, more people are watching what they eat than you think, plus, salad means you can eat dessert. Best grilled chicken ceasar I've had on the lunch circuit? Columbia Club and usually the best dessert as well.

No comments: