Monday, May 21, 2007

Three Latest and Best

Bacon Panini at RBistro: Attitude aside, the food is still a big hit at RBistro. (When you overhear a conversation of people at the next table saying "it's just a thing here. You have to ignore it", then you *know* you're not the only one who is noticing.) But popped in for lunch last week and enjoyed the recommended applewood smoked bacon panini with a sweet tomato chutney. Perfect with the tangy dressing on the greens. Plus, as always, we saved room for dessert. The star? The chocolate sheetcake with housemade ice cream.


Broken Yolk Sandwich at Patachou: Yes, I'm lame, and I hate crowds, so I haven't ventured out yet to the new Petit Chou in Broad Ripple. But, ready for a little Sunday morning coffee made by someone else, I took myself and the Sunday Times to breakfast at the downtown Chou. Hmm. Toasted whole wheat with butter, two eggs, and smoked salmon. Did I mention I'm a little in love with their fruit salad?

Sunday Night Treat: Two words, friends: Bazbeaux Pizza. Two ways: 1/2 Hawaiian, 1/2 Greek. Two favorite toppings, the sweet pineapple and the salty feta cheese. Oh, and, leftovers? Only two slices.

3 comments:

Jim said...

I guess I'm too much of a traditionalist, but pineapples do not belong on pizza. I can do the feta, though. So, on second thought, maybe I'm not such a traditionalist. :)

Anonymous said...

RE: RBistro -- You're not the only one who is noticing.

Kevin said...

I have a friend who worked as a sous chef at RBistro...he gave up after a month and said the chef was impossible to work with.

Still great food though, although I've only been once.