Monday, July 23, 2007

Three Latest and Best

Yes, I admit it, I'm a geek. After making the mistake of eating a very late lunch on Friday, I wasn't very hungry at Middle Eastern Fest which is a real shame because everything -- from the baked kibbee to the baklava -- looked fantastic. I sampled a meat pie and had a feta cheese snack.

Saturday, feeling hungover (for no apparent reason other than a few glasses of wine on Friday night), I skipped out on the Broad Ripple Brew Fest and curled up on the couch with a huge batch of gorgeous fresh cherries from Marsh and the new Harry Potter book. I finished both by the end of the day.

Seeing as my weekend was pretty low-key, I thought I'd catch up on the three latest and best.

Cocktails at Mo's: Popped into Mo's for a quick pre-dinner drink last week and ran into all my favorite people from National Wine and Spirits including the fabulous Catherine LaCross and John James who reps Moet/Hennessey. Need champagne? John is the guy to know -- Moet, Veuve, Domaine Chandon, and Dom Perignon are all his brands. Good champagne was had by all!

Indiana Sweet Corn: My favorite ingredient right now is the beautiful sweet corn in high season! Corn risottos, corn soups, corn on the cob, and even last week, at Elements, Greg's chicken "schnitzel" on a bed of creamed corn. Oh, so good.

Lunch at RBistro Again! Had lunch at RBistro two days in a row last week and it was yummy as always. I'm so glad to see this slightly out of the way spot becoming a favorite with arts and city people alike. I did, of course, have my standard applewood bacon panini eating only half so I could have dessert.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that sandwich too as well as the sticky toffee pudding for dessert....or you can always go a few doors down to The Best Chocolate in Town!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that Sticky Toffee Pudding is very good; but it really bugs me that they never make it available as a dessert for dinner. Give the folks what they want! Don't get me started on the "engineered scarcity" of chocolate yeast donuts at Long's Bakery! You usually have to get there at 6:00 in the morning to get them. But they'll have plain yeast and chocolate yeast out the wazoo - so it's not just an "economics of chocolate" issue. I mention it to the folks there every time, and they act like they never gave it much thought. WTF?!

Anonymous said...

(this blog needs an Edit feature)
that should have been "chocolate cake donuts" (out the wazoo).