Monday, January 07, 2008

What I Learned in Indianapolis Dine

Whoa, didn't mean to take the whole weekend off from posting, but I was eating cheese. A week or so late, but here's what I learned in the latest issue of Indianapolis Dine magazine.


Flat Food is Alive and Well: Remember the scene in Doug Coupland's book Microserfts where the programmers go to the grocery store looking for food to slide under their colleague's office door? Flat food lives -- although certainly featuring a few more upscale items. Mmm. Braseola.

Vosges Cocoa: Who knew? Vosges makes a Bianca White Chocolate Cocoa with hints of meyer lemon and lavender. $19.50 for a one pound box @ The Goose.

Taste of the NFL: Elements chef Greg Hardesty heads to Arizona on Feb 2 to represent Indianapolis for a second year in the Taste of the NFL, a pre-Super Bowl fundraiser where each team is represented by a chef and dish. Looking for the recipe for his Pigskin and Duck Confit? Check out the 2008 Restaurant Guide and Recipe Book from Tasteofthenfl.com. (Hardesty's recommended restaurants include H2O Sushi (his former place), Taste Cafe, Oakley's Bistro, RBistro, and Restaurant Tallent.)

Foodies Unite! Check out the fun article on Chaine des Rotisseurs and Holly Banta -- one of my favorite foodies in town. It's true. More people are eating together and appreciating good food. Make that a resolution this year. Get together with like minded friends and cook a meal together.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Braingirl - we've started a little discussion over at Hoosier Beer Geek about fine dining and beer selection, and we'd appreciate it if you could weigh in with your thoughts.

Thanks.

(Feel free to delete this comment as it has nothing to do with your post - I just didn't see an email address anywhere.)

Anonymous said...

OMG have you tried that cocoa? It sounds divine! (And at that price, it better be!)

braingirl said...

I haven't tried it, but I know there are more than a few Vosges chocolate fans who check in here who'd want to know.

Anonymous said...

I'm leaving for Vegas tomorrow and will be getting all kinds of goodies to bring back for my friends from Vosges. I gave the Barcelona bar to my friend as part of a Christmas basket and she loved it and demanded I bring her back some from my trip.