Friday, September 12, 2008

Three Latest and Best

We're at the best produce of summer so eating in has been a treat. (Plus Master Court seminar really put a dent in my schedule.) Here are my three latest and best:

Jezebel! Lately, what did I love from Country Mouse City Mouse? The Nyona Lake Jezebel -- a sweet salsa that's, well, I can't describe it. Pineapple, horseradish, grainy mustard, and orange marmalade. I ate mine with a box of crackers. (And found it at Goose, The Market)


Pizzas on the Grill: Had dinner with a fellow foodie last weekend and her treat? Pizza on the grill. The crust was cracker crisp with just a hint of that wonderful grill char. Piping hot and loaded with toppings. Perfect for the outside patio.

Clambake! Last weekend, we gorged ourselves on all the traditional fare at a clambake -- Indiana style. Jonah's Market brought the set up and left instructions. We layered potatoes and corn, clams, muscles, and king crab legs all in the giant stacked steamer. Their crab chowder was a hit, too. Not bad for a late summer Indiana afternoon -- especially with no ocean in sight. (Oh, I'm not embarassed to say the chocolate cake from Costco nearly stole the show.)

6 comments:

Levi's Momma said...

Thank you madame! We have a new product at the markets this week: Indian Summer Pate, and it's pretty damn good, if I do say so myself!

Mike said...

The jezebel is supposed to be a salsa? I've been eating it on ham and every other sandwich.

What else does it work with?

braingirl said...

Mmm. I think Jezebel can be anything you want it to be...

(I called it a salsa due to it's finely diced fruit nature. I liked mine straight, but it would be knockout next to a pork tenderloin!)

Unknown said...

lovvvvve the jezebel. the country mouse city mouse romesco is awesome too.

Rebecca said...

I love Jezebel sauce! I always have it with cream cheese on crackers. I've been making it for years - super easy and yummy.

Levi's Momma said...

braingirl is correct. Jezebel can be whatever you want her to be! I like it on a shaved ham sandwich, over goat cheese or with a pork loin or lamb. (thanks April!)