Thursday, December 04, 2008

Q: Holiday Gifts for the Kitchen?

A manual citrus juicerImage via Wikipedia (I don't think this is the kind of juicer she had in mind.) Aside from the whole should-you-buy-someone-you-love-a-kitchen-appliance debate, there is, of course, a category for the appliance you know they would love. A cappuccino machine. An ice cream maker. A Vita-Prep. You get the picture.

So, a reader wrote the other day and asked for suggestions on a juicer. Now, aside from the old electric Oyster my mom had for juicing oranges (handy during the holidays when whole branches of my family all send each other oranges by the case), I've tried to avoid single-use kitchen items. And I don't blend. Much. So, we ponder the eternal question, really, to Vita-prep or not. Any juicer recommendations?


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: