Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Coach House Celebrates 20 Years

If you've never been to the The Coach House in Oklahoma City, you've missed a rare culinary experience in an even rarer place. While everyone knows I hold a personal little spot on my heart for Chileno's, there are only so many times you can get dressed up to eat roasted jalapeno peppers (with superfine salt), whole fried fish, and home made salsa with beers as big as your head. The Coach House is, quite simply, the finest restaurant in Oklahoma. Period. And, I have great respect for them as chefs from this fine establishment have been among the only to beat Chef Oakley at the national pork competition.

Chef Kurt Fleischfresser (what a name for a chef) and his team have done a spectacular job of derlivering amazing food time and time again, building a legacy of excellence. From their announcement email:

To celebrate our 20th Birthday, we are having a pair of celebration dinners! On Sunday evening November 13th, and Monday evening November 14th, we will serve a sumptuous repast that will reflect the best of what we know about the art of food and wine. Our menu will feature a reflection of where we’ve been and where we’re headed including dishes from the earliest years of the restaurant to some of my more recent culinary inspirations. We will pair great wines with every course, and I can promise you they will be fabulous.

If you can join us for the finest meal of the year in 2005 and help us celebrate 20 years of great food and hospitality, please call soon at 842-1000. The price per person will be $125, including cocktails and wines. Dinner each evening will start at 6pm. I hope to see you here.

Kurt Fleischfresser
Chef & Owner
The Coach House
I only wish I was going to be in town for the day! I'd happily make my reservations and raise a glass to success!

No comments: