Monday, August 07, 2006

What a Dinner!

Wow! What a dinner last night with the Slow Food folks in Bloomington! Hostess Christine Barbour (My Plate or Yours?) has a much more detailed account on her blog along with some beautiful pictures. The company and food were all terrific! I met so many fabulous folks -- all amazing cooks -- from all walks of food life including many of the farmers who grow some of the best ingredients in the state. It was well worth the trip. Plus, my traveling companion was the smart and funny food editor from Indianapolis Monthly so I was in good company from the beginning.

Like Christine, I just had leftovers for lunch: roast pork tenderloin with a corn salad (from Chef Dave Tallent), a bread salad with fresh cherry tomatoes, a fresh mozzarella and tomato salad in a basalmic and basil oil vinaigrette, thinly sliced lamb with a mint-caper sauce, and a slice of the most amazing rabbit terrine (with pistachios!) To top it off, the lovely Chef Kristin Tallent brought one of several blueberry tarts (hers with peaches and sweet corn ice cream!) And my favorite dessert? The peach tart with fresh crushed peanuts and a peanut butter crust (from Chef Alan Simmerman at Bloomington Country Club). What a night. If the food is always this good, I'm all for this slow food thing. Delicious!

No comments: