Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Checking in at 40

Happy birthday to me! Since today will be largely steak, wine, and cocktail related, I figured it was time to check in for a little food assessment. So, without further ado, here is a list of things I'm thankful for on my 40th birthday.


1) Thanks to all my friends who ponied up for loot. Since you did your part, Sur La Table (or Surly Table as many of the Cali friends call it) and Williams-Sonoma will have an uptick in second quarter sales. While I didn't get the ice cream maker I wanted (yet, I'm still hoping) I did get fantastic ice cream bowls, spoons, vases, plates, and a whole host of other goodies.

2) Thanks to all you fine readers who check in at the rate of nearly 400 a day just to hear my comments on Indianapolis food -- the good and the bad. We don't all agree, but we're all eating and, I hope, eating better.

3) Thanks to my pals in the cooking and chow.ind conferences on the WeLL who are willing to answer questions, share achievements, and rave about a good meal. Check it out -- it's worth the $15 a month to be a part of such a vibrant and intelligent online community.

4) Thanks to the universe for making such a tough year a little better. Yoga, workouts, and whole grains have saved me from the stress. Plus, I don't miss that 20 extra pounds much either.

5) And last but not least, thanks for a whole host of foodie friends who help remind me every day that Indianapolis has some real gems, great chefs, fun restaurants, excellent wine, and people who appreciate it all. We just have to know where to look.

No comments: