Monday, June 25, 2007

Three Latest and Best

Ahhh, having taken a little impromptu blogging vacation, I'm back! I didn't intend to go 10 days without a post, but what can I say, I've been immersed in the birthday that won't end. (I'm starting to be thankful I only turn 40 once. I'm going to need 10 years to recover for my next big milestone.) In the meantime, I'm starting to work through the backlog. Here are my three latest and best to hold you over.


Lunch at RBistro: Mmmm. The mushroom burger hit the spot even though the special ham and cheese panini looked fantastic. But the star of the show? The cold cucumber and fennel cream soup. Decadent, but not heavy. Chunky with cucumber and chilled perfectly.

Oyster and Shrimp Happy Hour! The best kept secret in town? Half-price oyster and shrimp happy hour at The Oceanaire from 3-6 p.m. We scooted in for cocktails 15 minutes before the 6:00 p.m. cutoff and splurged on an entire dozen of oysters each! Ask the bartenders -- they know their oysters. (West Coast oysters are where it's at this time of year.) Try the shrimp cocktail as well. Best part? $12 a dozen (half price).

Croque Monsieur at Petit Chou: What a treat the new Petit Chou is! Done as a smart little French chic cafe, the latest chou from Martha Hoover is a delight. And the menu is a fresh, too, with tartines and crepes in addition to the classic omelets. You can't go wrong with their signature toasted, cheese covered ham sandwich (on fantastic brioche!) but save room for a Nutella or sugar crepe! Plus, this new place is just as pleasant inside as out. The fresh spring green paint and floral upholstery on the banquets makes it a slightly more upscale brunch option -- perfect for brunch with the girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!