Thursday, August 09, 2007

My Sweetest Addiction: Maple Flakes

Thanks to the fantastic Mr. Terry Kirts, I'm now completely addicted to a product that can most likely not be found anywhere in the state: Equinox Organic Maple Flakes from Montreal. What, you ask, are these modern wonders? They're flakes of freeze dried maple syrup suitable for sprinkling over fruit, oatmeal, ice cream, cream cheese on a bagel, or any other little thing that would benefit from that unique woodsy maple syrup flavor or sweetening. Mine are in a handy little refillable grinder that renders them a powder. I can hardly wait to try them on pancakes, fish, lamb, oh, so many options. These little flakes even add a tad of crunch. What a find! This Canadian product is just launching in the US (Slashfood has more) and available online via Amazon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love maple syrup, such a pity they don't sell maple flakes here in UK...

Greetings, Margot

Ivy Tech Community College: Soups, Stocks, and Sauces said...

Good Earth in Broadripple has maple sugar. If you can't wait 2 days to have them delivered, just stop in there. I love to use it instead of sugar when I bake cookies, and when I make sausage.