Tuesday, September 18, 2007

All Around the Town

Good thing the rest of you are getting out. I've been head down at the computer for the past few days. I escaped last night to the Distillery for $1 beer night. In the meantime, here's what I know -- mostly from you!


Same Store, New Name: When Jim Arnold and Joe Husar split the Kahn's business last spring, Joe kept the Carmel store as well as the Montage catering business. There was only one hitch -- he'd have to change the name. I'd heard over the weekend it had been announced, and that clever pooch, the Wine Canine, confirms it. The new name? Vine & Table. Look for the same tasty treats, cheeses, sushi, and wines. No website yet.

Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger: Over at Everything Nagel, it's a celebration of National Cheeseburger Day! Their list is pretty serious but I know the folks here will be able to help complete it. Mmmm. Cheesy, greasy goodness.

A Questionable Use of Space? In yet another example of our city fathers having no goal for the south side of downtown except for rental revenue, Cory over at Property Lines notes that the city has reach tentative agreement to lease the basement level of Union Station. The backers would be the same investors as 6 (the nightclub and restaurant helmed by Chef Tyler Herald). The old Iron Horse was before my time, but I'll be curious to hear more about what these investors have in mind. I haven't been to Union Station in years, and another nightclub won't change my mind. But I'm clearly not the target audience here.

No comments: