Saturday, November 03, 2007

Three Latest and Best

Foie Gras Profiteroles: Yes, there is such a thing, and I can tell you (because I ate them), they are just obscene -- and I mean that in the best of ways. Think three small cream puff pastries. Instead of cream filling, think slabs of sauteed foie. Think diced, sauteed apples and melty goat cheese. Think L'explorateur. So, so good.

More Goose: I know, I know. I'm such a big Goose market goober, but I just can't help it! It's an oasis! Just know that as I type this, I'm snarfing an entire 1/2 pint of dark winter spice gelato (so rich, you think it's the richest chocolate, but then you taste cloves, all spice, cinnamon, and star anise. Oh, so good.) Oh, and some Bourbon caramel gelato. And I picked up my favorite cocoa cardamom goat cheese, two house-made lamb brats, and some very thinly sliced guanciale. And a bottle of wine. Want to hear the good news? Chef Christopher Eley will have his own house-made lardo in another three weeks. Now you can play Batali at home in your own orange crocs. You know. If that's your cup of tea.

Update: I just cooked those lamb brats. Fantastic! Browned them in butter with shallots and smashed garlic. Then added beer and boiled them until they looked done. Sliced them into "coins" and am serving them on crostini crackers with goat cheese and a big smear of garlic mustard and sprinkled with fennel and herbs de provence. The lamb brats come in black pepper, hot, smoked, and regular.

Bugg's Tavern: Where the bar snacks are refilled hourly! Yes, I feel the need to mention these delicious cocktail treats. They are *tasty*. Like "can't stop eating them" tasty. Mixed nuts glazed in a slightly sweet, salty, gingery coating. Everything good high-end bar snack should be. (Bonus points for naming the Simpson's reference.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

F*ck the Colts!! You have dissapointed me way too long!!!!

Anonymous said...

Huh? On like three different levels.