Saturday, March 29, 2008

New Hell's Kitchen Starts April 1

Yea! New season of Hell's Kitchen, my favorite guilty pleasure cooking show starts this Tuesday, April 1. I have a secret love for Gordon Ramsey. Sure, he throws up a lot and Fox never quite got into the obligatory naked shot of him changing into his chef's coat on Kitchen Nightmares, but we still get to hear him yelling. This season should be no different. Tuesday, April 1, 8:00 p.m. From Fox:

HELL’S KITCHEN is back open for business! The pressure is on, as this season’s prize is bigger and better than ever before. Chef Ramsay will pick one lucky contestant to become the Executive Chef for his new restaurant, The London West Hollywood. Gordon wastes no time as he immediately sends the contestants to the kitchen to prepare their signature dish. In the most shocking taste-test ever, Gordon gets physically sick from a contestant’s concoction leaving everyone speechless. During the first dinner service, emotions run high and one contestant goes missing.

Unlike Bravo, Fox isn't listing contestants in advance, or at least, I can't locate them. Sure, this coming Tuesday, I will be dining with a group of friends for one of the most decadent wine dinners I'll eat this year, but don't think while I'm drinking very expensive champagne and eating foie gras, I won't be thinking about the sweet, sweet Tivo and Ramsey barfing over a bad scallop.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing better than Hell's Kitchen is Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. I absolutely LOVE that show - I even watch the British version.

Anonymous said...

the British version is better, and Ramsey's "The F Word" is the best, most thought out cooking show on teli.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of "The F Word" show....is it on the BBC channel?

I've always thought that Top Chef is a superior show to Hell's Kitchen, mainly because of its professionalism and quality of cheftestants. Nevertheless, I always find myself watching Hell's Kitchen if I stumble across it while flipping through the channels. Can't wait to watch...

braingirl said...

There isn't really a British version of Hell's Kitchen. The F Word is sort of close but he brings in a different team of chefs -- including some celebrities -- to cook along with lots of info about food and Ramsey's pet projects in general. Don't know that it's on BBCa here. You can try to get reservations at the restaurant:

http://www.fword.tv/

I think I've posted often about my love for the UK version of Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. He's just such a wonderful softie.

And of course Top Chef is better. (just as The Next Iron Chef is a measure even better than TC.) But there's just no way to compare, really. TC is high art compared to the cheesy kitch of Hell's Kitchen. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Having never watched the series (until tonight, thank you fox reality channel), I am so completely looking forward to another dose of gluttony. I thought TC was enough to satiate me. I always avoided it because of its brutality, but I seem to be missing some of the harshness since my departure from the restaurant industry.

Carrie Abbott said...

Gordon Ramsay in "The F Word" is the best show he does. Sure his temper is good tv especially in the US. You can really see his passion for cooking, family and educating and training others to do their best. For those reasons, I love him!