Sunday, July 06, 2008

Weekend Update

First week in July is a slow restaurant week, but here are a few updates to hold you over:

Brothers Bar and Grill: Cory at IBJ's Property Lines has updated renderings of what Brothers Bar and Grill will look like when it opens in Broad Ripple later this fall.

Top Chef Steph: My pal, Joe Gray over at the Stew (from the Chicago Trib) reports that Chicago chef and recent Top Chef winner is blogging now so fans can keep up at Top Chef Steph.

What To Eat? Grub Street offers some fish alternatives in case you're giving salmon a rest during the Wild Salmon shortage. Halibut is great but will only be in season for a few more months. They suggest arctic char, as well.

Favorite Internet Meal Ever: OK, so I'm a sucker for a great fried chicken sandwich, and this on from What Geeks Eat one looks great. Not to mention the amazing slaw -- on the sandwich. Want.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I read your blog all the time and I am a big fan, but you just ruined Top Chef for me. I have it Tivo'd (is that a word??) and am finally getting around to watching this season. I had been doing a great job avoiding finding out who won, but not anymore. Maybe this serves me right for waiting this long to watch it. By the way, what do you think about the Il Mulino rumors reported in the Star??

braingirl said...

Dude, it's been over for *weeks*, so I think you've been lucky to avoid spoilers for this long.

Il Mulino? Are you surprised? Another chain Italian to replace the chain Italian that closed? (I expect it will fill the Bertonlini's space.)