Sunday, August 31, 2008

Of Rabbit, Pork and Duck Fat

When I read the recipe from Stephane Reynaud's Terrine,I was a little worried. I mean, couldn't bad things happen from combining meat from more than two animals in the same dish? If I used rabbit, pork, chicken livers *and* duck fat, could the universe fold in on itself or something?

Good news, we consumed the entire thing and, as far as I know, a black hole didn't open. The space/time continuum wasn't interrupted. (Or did you feel that strange blip around 5:00 p.m.?) We did venture into a political conversation which I generally try to avoid, but otherwise, nothing really awful occurred. In fact, just the opposite. It was quite good -- especially with the cinnamon, raisins, nuts. Lovely on the porch on a summer afternoon, just as the gods intended. Delicious with the nearly perfect Chambolle-Musigny.

No comments: