Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tidbits Tidbits

A few of these are from last week, but should be included in my latest roundup of food news from the Circle City:

Canal-side Dining: The city has lowered requirements for liquor licenses for anyone who wants to put a restaurant down on the canal. This sounds all well and good, but where, exactly are they going to encourage restaurants to go? Depending on the format, it could work. There certainly seems to be enough foot traffic to support it. But will they clean up the scummy canal water?

Deano's Vino is officially open on Mass Ave. Carrying a wide array of gourmet food items as well as their famous wines, their new location should be a great exposure in a rapidly growing neighborhood. (I have yet to see their new location with my own eyes so I'm reporting second hand information and I can't remember where I read it or I'd give credit for the pointer.)

And as Foursquare 266 is reporting, Klemm's Meats -- famous for all who purchase brats (and other treats made with assholes and lips as Jason points out) is changing their name -- and more importantly moving to Fountain Square. (The post is worth it for some of the wurst sausage jokes I've seen in a loooooong time.)

No comments: